Friday, April 30, 2010

Sing, Sing A Song...

The nice thing about being single is that there is nobody to give me grief about the songs I sing, the notes I miss and all the music I love!
The down side is that I have nobody to sing to.

I love music, I love to sing and I love to love.
Music and romance, music and love - music and life go hand in hand.
I've been DJing since I was a kiddo and I grew up to all the greats, all the classics.
All the old country love songs, all the southern rock love songs and even some of the newer stuff.
I heard it said that nothing new can be said that hasn't already been said in a song.
I believe that!
It seems that everytime somebody says something to me or I'm about to say something, a song pops into my head that goes with the saying.

And love songs...
My voice makes cats want to commit hara-kiri!
But I love to sing to...well...since I'm single there is nobody to sing to.

There are two songs I imagine myself singing and dancing to at my wedding.
I want hear/sing, "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers & "Forever & Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis.
I want to play my guitar and sing my heart out at my Bride.
And see how long I can go before the water works burst and I can't hold my composure.
That's Love I tell ya!
Then at our 25th anniversary I wanna look my wife in the eye at our celebration and sing and dance with her to George Strait's, "I just wanna dance with you."

Music and love go hand in hand and I love music and love.

But you know, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Nobody is going to tell me I'm not going to sing that at her wedding.
Nobody is going to give me grief for my lack of vocal skills.
Or about my eclectic music taste.

Yeah, I'ma Single Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment